Raw Food is anything that is plant based, uncooked or sprouted and in its natural state. Raw foods are whole uncooked foods, full of minerals, vitamins and enzymes, which are an energetic life giving force. Enzymes are responsible for being a catalyst in digestion and food absorption as well as being involved in metabolic or chemical reactions in every cell.
Cooking food over 105-118 degrees, kills the majority of food enzymes present. Cooked foods are void of enzymes and the vitamins and nutrients are automatically diminished. The longer food is cooked, and the higher the temperature, the more the nutrients are destroyed.
Plant-based foods are fruits, vegetables, sprouted grains, seeds and nuts, in as natural of a state as possible. They can be in the raw state or cooked.
RAW AND PLANT-BASED FOODS INCLUDE:
- Sea vegetables
CALORIES = ENERGY= HEALING
The body expends a tremendous amount of energy, digesting the food we eat. Calories are converted to energy, “if” the calories, actually contain nutrients. Energy is essential for cell and tissue growth. When we eat raw / plant-based foods, which are easier to digest, there is excess energy left over, energy that can be used to rebuild cells, tissues, heal disease and injuries. Is it any wonder so many people are sick, ailing and living a less than optimal life?
WHAT DO YOU CALL THE WAY YOU EAT?
There are many ideas about what the best way to eat is, as well as misconceptions about what “raw food” is and what you can or cannot eat. Below is a break down of several different types of eating plans and what they include:
- Standard American Diet (S.A.D.) Anything and everything is included in this.
- Carnivore – Includes meat and everything else.
- Pescetarian – Includes Fish and Shell Fish, but not meat, poultry
- Vegetarian – Includes dairy products, but not meat, poultry or fish
- Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian – Includes eggs and dairy, but not meat, poultry or fish
- Vegan – Includes anything BUT animal products, (dairy, poultry, beef or fish), and includes all animal free processed foods.
- Raw Food – Includes all fruits, vegetable, nuts and seeds, fermented foods with limited grains and beans, nothing heated over 118 degrees. Includes nothing that is refined, very little processed food and no animal products.
- Plant-Based – Includes all fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, grains and beans, cooked or raw. Includes very little processed food and no animal products.
There are a number of diets around at any given time. Some include, but are not limited to:
- Paleo Diet: fruits, veggies, meat, fish, eggs and does not include, dairy, grains, beans, potatoes, salt, sugar, or oils.
- Low Carb Diet: Little to no carbs (breads, pasta, potatoes, fruit) and include high amounts of meats, dairy and fats.
- Gluten Free Diet: No grains that contain gluten (wheat, spelt, rye, barley, etc) oats, corn and pseudo grains (quinoa, millet) are included.
- Blood Type Diet: Only eat certain foods based on your blood type.
IT’S A LIFESTYLE
I consider the way one eats, to be a lifestyle, not a diet, which includes: food, exercise, positive thinking toward self, others, and life, a healthy spiritual life and so much more. Raw Intentions mission is NOT about rules, pointing fingers or judging others. It is about making better choices today, so tomorrow can be your best, so you can live in optimum health. It is about doing what works for YOU!
WHAT IS YOUR WHY?
Why do you want to change the way you eat? Is it because of health reasons, illness, disease, to lose weight or support others who need to change their lifestyle? If you don’t know your WHY, motivation will be a challenge for you. If you are clear on your WHY, and have embraced the fact that you need to make changes, then you can’t help but to succeed.
DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU
Some tell me, “I can’t give up my steak or my cheese.” My response is, “Then choose grass fed, organic beef or bison, or organic, hormone free dairy, which is a better choice.” Once you have rules that you feel obligated to live by, or feel deprived, you’ve already set yourself up to fail. DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU! On the other hand, if you have serious health issues, the more positive changes you make to your lifestyle, the healthier you are going to be. The more fresh unprocessed foods you add to your life, the better you will feel and the more your body will CRAVE the nutrients found in these foods.